From digest.v7.n1877 Mon Jun 15 06:42:27 1998
From: "Sergio Mastronardi" <sergio_at_gtechna.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 14:14:31 -0400
Subject: Robert Bentley E36 Service Repair Manual - Status - Group Purchase Database
It's been a long wait, and we are almost there. The new dates have been
pushed to late summer (probably late August). Let's all hope that this
long wait will in return produce a more complete/detailed E36 repair
For those who are new to the digest or not aware about the Group purchase
for the E36 manual, I'm building a group purchase database so I can
purchase 100+ manuals and pass the discount to all of us. If you're
interested please email me a note, and further instructions will be sent
only 1-2 weeks prior to release of service manuals.
For those that are already part of the database, or not sure, please feel
free to resubmit an email. I will filter out all duplicates. Since my
crash in mid 97 and rebuilding process, I'm still missing aprx 20 members.
Q. Which models of E36 will it cover?
- At this time they still do not have final list of models, but it will
cover US & Canadian models.
- What information do you need in your database?
- For now, I simply want name and email, as date approaches, you will all
be instructed to provide me more
details on ship to address and method of payment.
- How much will it cost?
- Since RB, has not officially released manual, List price is still not
available. Discount should be 25-35 points off list. List price should be
anywhere from 49 to 59. If list is lower, then we'll save more $$.
- How is the payment going to be handled?
- Pick a sunny afternoon and drive up to my place for beer and drop the
cash :)) I will choose a method that is simple and efficient - for now,
I'm considering payments
prior to ship, if you have better ideas, I'm open. More details will
- Is the manual better than Haynes or Chiltons.
- Robert Bentley is known for the most complete/detailed manuals with
of diagrams to help DIY's to figure out where to go. They also have the
best repair manual for
previous BMW models.
- Can you add my name for the 5 series manual?
- No problem, RB should give same discount based on volume purchase, If I
have any problems with RB, you will be notified.
- Again, what will it cost <g>?
- Since RB has not completed the manual, the price is still up in the air.
Here are thier other prices, you should guess the new E36 manual price!
... 3 series 84-90, 528 pages at 44.95 (more popular)
... 5 series 82-88, 548 pages at 59.95
... 5 series 89-95, 672 pages at 69.95
[ Help ]