> I need information on step-by-step replacement of a/c evap/core.
> I've been without a/c for a year. I have purchased a new evap/core
> and need this information to help me install it myself.
Installing the evaporator core is do-able, and I can describe the process
here, but having the Bentley or Chilton guide should help.
- if a/c sytem has pressure, bring it to a shop to have them charge down the
system, idealy you would bring the car back to this shop to have
it charged back up.
if the system doesn't have pressure, I would strongly recomend getting
a new dryer, as yours is probably saturated.
- remove glove box, 4 screws on the back and strap
- remove rear part of console, remove rear ashtray and 10mm nut underneath
- remove front part of console:
- pull shift knob, comes straight up and off
- remove shift boot
- remove 10mm plastic nut just to the rear of the shifter
- remove front ashtray, pulls out
- remove front ashtray bracket, 2 #2 cross-tip screws
- remove plastic screws at the front edge of the console
on either side (by gas pedal and by glove box)
- console is now ready to come out
- remove 2 lines going into expansion valve, if your dryer has let
loose with all of it's beads, you'll find them trapped in here.
- remove expansion valve from evaporator
- remove evaporator
- installation is reverse:
- insure whoever charges your system knows what you have done to
your system so they can watch for leaks in the right place
- install new o-rings, cheap insurance
hope this helps
| Dale Beuning |
| email: dale_at_unofficialbmw.com |
| web: http://www.unofficialbmw.com |
[ Help ]