From digest.v7.n1376 Tue Mar 24 18:52:21 1998
From: "John G.Burns" <john_at_unixnerd.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 19:49:04 GMT
Subject: <E28> Re: 528e trunk
> does anyone know how to keep the trunk of a 528e from leaking???
- Replace the tail light rubber gaskets. Cheap on a five
series, mega buck$ on a six :-(
- Check the radio aerial is tightly fitted. A bead of
silicone sealant around the seat may not go amiss.
- Check the rubber boot (trunk to you) gasket is in good
condition and is sitting properly in place.
- Take out all the removeable trim in the boot and scub in
down with mild ammonia based spray on cleaner. Dry in
your house for 24 hours.
- Go to a DIY store and get some calcium carbonate crystals
in a plastic moisture trap. This will dry out and residual
- There should be two drain holes in the floor of the spare
wheel well. Check they aren't blocked.
- Fives and sixes do seem prone to water condensation in
the bootlid. I've never found a cure.
Who needs a life when you've got Unix? :-)
[ Help ]
Email: john_at_unixnerd.demon.co.uk, Aberdeen, Bonny Scotland
Web : http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!