Subject: Re: Power window problems, cont.
Posted by Troy Rudolph on July 23, 1997 at 19:12:10:
In Reply to: Power window problems, cont. posted by Nick Wickersham on
July 16, 1997 at 16:26:42:
Check the following:
0) Check the fuses *AND* the circuit breakers near your left knee when
you're sitting behind the wheel.
[ Help ]
- Make sure the lockout button is not pressed on the window controls
on the driver's door.
- Turn on the ignition key. Open one of the rear doors. WHILE HOLDING
THE BUTTON DOWN, !!SLAM!! the door.
- Remove the door panel. Using a voltmeter, make sure that you have
power when the button is depressed. If this works, you may have to
replace the motor.
- On my car, this turned out to be a "mechanical" problem.
Disassembling the door from the inside and lubricating the window
mechanisms solved it.