Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 questions about my 325e (OBC alarm? + time set?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris325e

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2001 12:59 am    Post subject: 2 questions about my 325e (OBC alarm? + time set?) Reply with quote

I just bought a 1985 325e and I can't seem to grasp exactly HOW to set this alarm on the OBC. Can anyone give me some step-by-step instructions? Also, I noticed that the clock can be set by the radio if the station is broadcasting a time signal. Any tips on which stations this might apply to? I've only driven old Saab's before this, so you can imagine what a huge jump in technology this is for me. Thanks!!
rduckwor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2001 10:16 am    Post subject: 2 questions about my 325e (OBC alarm? + time set?) Reply with quote

What alarm are you speaking of? The standard clock/temp display cannot be set by radio time signals, but has a reminder chime that can be turned on. This chimes five minutes before the hour to remind you that the news used to be broadcast on the hour. Pretty useless now.

HTH

Bob Duckworth
Chris325e

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2001 2:38 pm    Post subject: 2 questions about my 325e (OBC alarm? + time set?) Reply with quote

The owner's manual talks about a "code" setting on the OBC that can be used to disable the ignition (it will sound the alarm after 5 unsuccessful tries). As far as the time signal thing goes, perhaps this is common in Europe? God knows the manual doesn't distinguish between these things.
rduckwor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2001 5:13 pm    Post subject: 2 questions about my 325e (OBC alarm? + time set?) Reply with quote

I guess you have the full OBC. The CODE setting allows you to enter a selected 4 digit number when you shut down. Turn the motor off, then turn the key to back to position 2 (run). Don't start the motor. Press the CODE key on the OBC and using the number keys below, enter whatever four digit number you can remember. Turn the ignition off. CODE will prevent a restart until you repeat this process. Remember the number you input!! OBC horn will sound after three unsuccessful attempts to start without inputting the correct code.

HTH

Bob Duckworth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: