Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is a 325 the same as a 325e?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bhorsley

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2001 3:13 pm    Post subject: Is a 325 the same as a 325e? Reply with quote

I have a 325 and I thought the motor was slightly better than a 325e, is that true?
rduckwor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2001 2:20 am    Post subject: Is a 325 the same as a 325e? Reply with quote

Assuming the same model years, they both have the eta motor.

Sorry,

Bob Duckworth
AussieE30

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2001 4:23 pm    Post subject: Is a 325 the same as a 325e? Reply with quote

Hey, there's nothing wrong with the eta motor. I have three 325 E30s, and have had others in the past. All have been i except for a 4door that I have at present that is an e. It is my current project car, and has just had the engine blue printed. It is standard apart from forged mahle pistons and a schrick cam, and I intend to supercharge it.

Sure it doesn't rev it's head off, but it makes up for that with a wonderfully flat torque curve. Also most revheads wouldn't have bought one, so it shouldn't have been driven into the ground.
rduckwor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2001 7:14 am    Post subject: Is a 325 the same as a 325e? Reply with quote

I agree. I have a 1986 325 with the eta motor. It's a great car for driving. The lower rev limit really doesn't bother me. It is irritating that the BMW masses denigrate this motor as it is a good powerplant, just different from the "i" spec motor.

You have to love the low end torque that teh eta provides. The 32-35 MPG doesn't hurt either.

Bob Duckworth
sabernar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2001 1:33 pm    Post subject: Is a 325 the same as a 325e? Reply with quote

And if you want a little extra horsepower, you can add about 20 hp for about $250 by switching out the chip on the onboard computer. Granted, you have to use premium gas, but for the extra zip, it is well worth it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: