Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best grade of gasoline to use

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gmkkai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2001 2:46 pm    Post subject: Best grade of gasoline to use Reply with quote

I have a 92 325ic conv, e30 bodystyle, anyone care to comment on what grade of gas I should be using? Regular, mid or premium?
thedoctor2001

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2001 4:56 pm    Post subject: Best grade of gasoline to use Reply with quote

My 89 325 iC runs great on mid grade. Under hard acceleration, regular gas will bounce the valves, so I avoid it. I have read that BMW detunes the cars slightly to allow for us paupers running less than premium. My spousal unit prefers to run only premium in her 98 323i but I'm hard pressed to notice any difference when I put in a tank of mid.
YK2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2001 11:48 pm    Post subject: Best grade of gasoline to use Reply with quote

My 89 325 ran perfect on both regular, and mid grade gasoline. However after I had the software upgraded, head ported, and, polished, and headers installed I was told to use premium,and I did untill I was in a pinch and filled up with 89 octane. The car ran like crap! so unless you modified it, go with what's cheap. however I believe your spousal unit's 323 needs 89 octane or higher, check the manual
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: