Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

racing dynamics equal length headers NEW for $600.00 + VC's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
idanity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: racing dynamics equal length headers NEW for $600.00 + VC's Reply with quote

bringing this to as many enthusiasts that i know.

$600. bucks, from the founder of racing dynamics.
they're making special orders, and also valve covers, and possibly the 24v head too. (even though they supposedly broke the heads produced, and then broke the mold too, this apparantly turned up in italy...we will see )

link
http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112061
85-325e

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel...

Ask Frank if these are ONLY for the i series cars... valve cover too. Just curious.

Aparently, the heads and molds were broken by the company that took over, not from the RD guy himself.

What do these end up getting you? More power, less restricted air flow???

idanity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as the story goes, all the remaining 24v heads were broken too...and the mold destroyed, however the founder of racing dynamics reported to our friend on e30tech that it is still in italy.

below is copy+pasted

As far as m20 parts here, RD has lots of 1+ valves that were never used., nothing else.
As far as m20 parts in Italy, some valve covers will come over soon., I'll post them once they're here.

Infamous 24 valve head still around, it's in Italy.
It is the same head that Johnson (?) made, it was sold to Callaway in CT then it passed on to RD., by then BMW had their new engine, so project was dropped.

As Federico explains, it is not the recasting/manufacturing of the heads, it's the further development required to make them available., he's very scientific, more like R(eserch) & D(evelopment).
The 24 valve head ran oem m20 belt drive, so that aspect did not changed.
It was cast in Italy, by same manufacturer that used to cast BMW oem heads, this particular foundry also handle magnesium.

While there we also discuss itb's, intake manifold design, etc.
I ended up ordering one custom equal lenght manifold with branches configured as 1/3/5 & 2/4/6 instead of usual 1/2/3 & 4/5/6 branch setup.
His eyes lighted up when I explained why I wanted this particular design, he's done some research on that particular topic.

and

- Valves, they are 0.5+ not 1.0+, we'll determine if they are m20 or m70 variation.

As Federico explains it... "our 2.7l engines had 0.5+ as is plenty when using conical valve guides to counteract vibration, then, ports required minimal work., Schrick springs and RD's own cam finished the setup. 224HP on dyno but advertised at 216HP's

- 24V Heads, I said, Federico, think of all of those m20 engines, and plenty of guys wanting to tune them, you posses the m20 unicorn, Federico replyed ... "oh, you going to make me do it, to call..., if it turns into a big headache I'm going to blame you"., wheels are turning, let's keep our fingers crossed.

- Valve covers, not much change, some will come, how many? I don't know yet.

and
(100 bhp/liter) x (2.7 eta) = 270 hp. Yes.

above was all just copy/paste...just to allow you to not have to click the link..you so lazy! Very Happy
m78

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of a sidetrack but in that engine bay pic it shows a plastic shield in the faux battery tray. Is that a stock piece or custom-made?

Top Speed 220 km/h

(OO=00=OO)
idanity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

huwhat ?
show me a pic, and i will tell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: