Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Voltage through window fuse / window - central locking prob

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E36 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pushworth

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Voltage through window fuse / window - central locking prob Reply with quote

I've changed and checked the (window/central locking) fuses. I've changed the relay for the windows (located in the passenger footwell). Still nothing works.

The window fuse (number 19 in fuse box) keeps blowing, and I've checked it with a voltage meter which says that there is about 26 volts passing through it, without the ignition on - weird?!

Any suggestions on my next attempt to fix the problem?v

oh, just to add, my passenger side rear window went down by itself and it has stayed down since I can't get the windows to work. Also central locking isn't working. Possible link? I got someone in to change me central locking alarm system in a year ago, but haven't had any issues with it until now; immobiliser and alarm still works, only central locking not working.

Thanks. PD

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E36 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: