Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new blower motor not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E36 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: new blower motor not working Reply with quote

Had a new blower motor put in in Feb. 1997 328i. It worked great. Went to put it on this morning its completely dead. Does nothing. Any ideas? Did check the fuse seems fine?
PJK

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: new blower motor not working Reply with quote

Two likely candidates are the final stage and the control itself. If the display gives an indication of you attempting to turn the blower up and down look at the final stage. If there is no response from the display look at the display itself. Do a search for the display on this forum. They have been very problematic.

Phil

MJ wrote:
Had a new blower motor put in in Feb. 1997 328i. It worked great. Went to put it on this morning its completely dead. Does nothing. Any ideas? Did check the fuse seems fine?
MJ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is that. Where is the best place to buy it. I see the number is 64116929540 on some sites. Then bav auto has 64116923204. Real OEM does not have that number.
PJK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this is the best place but I get most of my parts there. They are about one half the price of the dealer.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/catalog/shopcart/BE36/POR_BE36_VENTac_pg4.htm#item20

Phil

MJ wrote:
It is that. Where is the best place to buy it. I see the number is 64116929540 on some sites. Then bav auto has 64116923204. Real OEM does not have that number.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E36 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: