Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shocks/Struts KONI'S or Bilstein
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E36 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shlalaw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I cannot get a response from Bilstein. I also e-mailed Pelican Parts, but they didn't respond either. Maybe no one knows? Anyway, they are still on my car without any apparent ill effects.
mmaldin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wound up going with Bilstein HD's. I did the front and the rears myself. The rears are easy except for the PITA removal of the rear speakers and carpet. I had never done front struts before. It took about 3 hours and went well, no problems. If anyone is contemplating this repair, let me know and I can help answer questions.
In reading this thread, I can answer Phil's question about the covers. The answer that Pelican gave you was probably referring to the front struts, they come with a bellows that covers the bump stop. The rears do use separate bump stop and a cover that compresses onto the bump stop. My bump stops were corroded too, but I hadn't ordered new ones, so I put the old ones back on. Seems like the only purpose of the bump stop is to hold the cover on and keep the top of the shaft clean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E36 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: