Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1984 318i ressurection (LOTS OF PICS)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 Member Cars

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blueeyesmileguy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: 1984 318i ressurection (LOTS OF PICS) Reply with quote

Well its not much to look at but heres the pics. I bought the car 2.5 years ago and have been slowly working away ever since. As of right now it is about 2 weeks away from paint.
If I would have known it was going to be this much work I would have never bought it, I am so glad I didn't know it was going to be this much work LOL. It has become almost an obsession, I am so hooked. It has a custom 2.5 inch exhaust, bilstein sports and H&R springs.
I am new to posting pics on here so if I mess up, let me know. basic pics for the first set, Not quite in order but I am sure you will figure it out. More to come as It progresses.

Last edited by blueeyesmileguy on Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
blueeyesmileguy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: turbo manifold Reply with quote

cant wait to slap this on lol! not anywhere near using it yet, but it will be part of my second m10, the one i am going to build up.
blueeyesmileguy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: more pics! Reply with quote

Well guys, I know most of you being purists will enjoy bashing what i believe to be a good looking bmw. Love it or hate it, its a lot of work to get it to this point.
Thanks for any input good or bad, hey thats what its all about. Parts are coming tomorrow so i can finish installing everything. These were taken the day it came home from paint. I now have the entire interior installed, just need to put the exterior together.
Once that is finished I can get my 325i into shape and then turbo this 318.
Cheers!

Last edited by blueeyesmileguy on Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
blueeyesmileguy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Finally Reply with quote

Well, been chipping away at the project. Interior mostly installed. Recovered parcel shelf and installed new speakers and head unit. Bought some new door handles, installed new antenna and started installing the grill. I am going to be using the original chrome/aluminum window trims, they are polishing up very well. I have bought the grill mesh to install in the space under the kidneys, just have a question for you guys. Should I leave the mesh chrome or paint it black? Also do I leave the space beside where the fog lights go empty or does it get mesh also? I have the new lock strips for front and rear windshield, I went with the black, thought it would look good. I put the wheels from my 89 325i on the car for now, will buy something different in the spring I hope. Thanks for all your input. Excuse the dusty paint, no windows, makes it hard to clean.
Cheers!

donaldan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep posting your progress. What a difference those few months make! Couldn't wait to see the finished product.
killerbeem

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I only I had the time and money to do this exact same thing. Show some pics of the finished engine as well?

MK
1984 325e - Rachel (Sold)
BMWCCA Member
Find me on Twitter: @mkilpatric
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
brettholomew21

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slick ride. Like the new bumpers, although I still love my diving boards. Yours has a nice clean look though!

(OO=00=OO)

http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v253/240/73/1078110137/n1078110137_30168833_3843.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 Member Cars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: