Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bank 'penalty' charges

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanfp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Bank 'penalty' charges Reply with quote

Hi

In the UK over the last year or so , some consumers have fought back against 'penalty charges' imposed for, say, going a few £ overdrawn for a few days, and have successfully claimed back £ millions (altogether, not each!).

Has the same thing been happening in the U.S.?

You might be interested to hear what's happened here - if you are, let me know and I'll put up a longer post, or am I way behind you all?

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
Henry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One does not want to be overdrawn in a usa bank. Some banks have overdraft priviliges for customers. Additional interest is charged for amount overdrawn. However, without this accomodation things are costly. There is no recourse.

Actually, what happens in the usa is the irresponsible person is sent to a secret prison, waterboarded and then released naked on a foreign road somewhere between anywhere and nowhere.

Unless, of course, that person is a right wing (nut) republican neonazicon.
Then that person is given an armband, a small faked mustache and a lifetime membership in the jugend corps of the repukelican party.

I hope this has cleared things up for you.
tncean

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder how much influence banks, "financial institurions", etc, have on our duly-elected politicians?

Its the LEGISLATURES that pass/allow "fees" to be collected.

"Termination Fee": There will be a 25$ fee assessed for closing your account with us. Have a Great Day!

Wonder if money is worth anything at the Pearly Gates?

tncean
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: