Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Air Conditioning and Airflow Switch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bluesters

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Air Conditioning and Airflow Switch Reply with quote

Recently my airflow switch (lights up yellow) crumbled apart after I depressed it.
It seemed to have dry rotted.
I called a parts store and they stated I need the whole air conditioning and airflow switch (Part 61 31 1 380 310). Did anyone ever have this problem and do I need to replace the whole switch (I would have thought that somewhere I would be able to obtain just the plastic button).
If I do need to switch the entire thing, how hard is it to remove the panel to get behind.

Thanks
COKen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most switches can't be fixed and you will need to replace it. You should be able to pull your radio and get access to the back of the switch. It should release just by pressing it together the long way from the back side. Once out just move the wires to the new switch and snap back in. The radio is held in by two small allen screws, one on each side behind little doors which open outward.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: