Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

96 Z3 - replacing convertible top help/info needed PLEASE!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is isntaling a new top difficult?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

rydebulls

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: 96 Z3 - replacing convertible top help/info needed PLEASE! Reply with quote

Hi

I am new to this site and breathig a sighof relief thatI found it as I have had NO luck elsewhere online, so I hope someone here can help.

In short, someone slashed my canvas and bent the hardware all to heck in a break in. I bought a second hand top with that is complete: hardware and canvas, window included, all in good shape, and for the same year as mine.

Problem is I cannot find ANY instructions on installing it. I'm pretty handy, and have normal tools, but am concerned once I get the old one off I might be in a quandry that I don't know anythingabout.

I know replacing JUST the CANVAS is a really hard job, but my top is complete, so my questions are:

Do I just have to swap it out with the damaged one, and does anyone have any suggestions or have any installation instructions or info I can download or get via email? The manual I have doesn't cover the top.

Is it just a matter of unbolting the old one and bolting the replacement one in, or is there more too it? Such as: are there more body partsthat have to be removed and or replaced (like seals etc.)?

ANY help would be appreciated, here, or even beter, viamy emai address

onkz1000@aol.com

(note: is this iisn't a clickable link, the first character is the letter "o" others are the numeral ZERO)

If you are kind enouhg touemail me please put Z3 in the subject line so I know it isn't spam!

Many thanks, am hoping to do this while I am off this holiday, but I know most members here are probably out enjoying the weekend in their Z3s!

Bill
1I have a 1996 1.9 automatic, the first year but NOT one of the earlier ones, soI have been told due to date of mfg it is sort of a "97". I need some help, mostly with installing the replacement top I have (hardware and all) so all input welcome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: