Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

87 325is 5 sp DALLAS TX-FS or Trade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> BMWs for sale

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeemerbabeTX

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: 87 325is 5 sp DALLAS TX-FS or Trade Reply with quote

I need to sell this whole car or trade for a dependable running vehicle for my 18yr old son. 1987 Red 325is coupe 5 speed manual trans. Motor lost due to high speed timing belt breakage which resulted in 0 engine compression. Body is in good shape, interior is fair. TRANS REBUILT LESS THAN 100 MILES. Many recent repairs to motor and suspension to part out, would be excellent for a experienced mechanic who can tear down to investigate the valve damage. Being Female and a novice with major engine repairs I haven't checked the actual damage. So, the repair could be less costly for someone who is educated and has the time or the connections to get motors. I personally enjoyed working on this car and know everything about it. I am just not ready to tackle such a detailed fix and I need to get my son transportation quickly. Serious inquires only please! All offers will be considered.

email or PM me for a detailed list of ALL repairs and replacements within the last 5 years. MY PROFILE PICTURE IS THE CAR but will try to attach more.
http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z176/BeemerbabeTX/

Info on car:
1987 BMW E30 325is
FOR SALE OR TRADE NEEDS MOTOR
$1500.00 NEG
Selling whole car only no part out
Will trade for running car or small pickup of equal value for my 18 year old son
RED, 2 door, 5 speed Manual, 2.7 liter 6 cylinder
VIN# WBAAA1303H232331
*power windows & locks *sunroof *Cruise *A/C *leather interior *sports package *full size spare *aluminum honeycomb wheels *50,000 mile Michelin high performance tires with about 10,000 left on tread.

Original miles are at least 400,000 on the car and I bought this car from my boss so the maintenance prior to and after I purchased the car in 2002 was good. I am the third owner, has a clear title will need registration tags and inspection sticker for Texas.

Mechanic who performed all major repairs since 2002 is below and he will verify since he is a certified BMW tech in Austin Texas.

Paul’s Motor Werks
Web: www.pmwaustin.com
Email: pmwaustin@hotmail.com
Office: 512-502-0769
Business address: 11003 FM 2222
Austin, TX 78730

When I had repairs done to this car due to its age and mileage I had complete replacements done side to side or front to back. If only one part needed replacement I had all replaced.

LIST OF REPAIRS SINCE PURCHASE IN 2002

ENGINE & CHASSIS:
**A/C, Power steering and Alternator belts were replaced
**All engine fuel hoses replaced
**Valve cover gasket replaced
**Air intake boot
**A/C was rewired back to OEM specs charged & serviced
**Wiper motor replaced
**Cooling Fan clutch replaced
**Suspension Tie rods, steering rack boots bushings and lower control arm, front end alignment
**replaced shock mounts front & rear, strut inserts and boots
**new radiator
**water pump
**new breaks front and back with 4 new rotors and sensors
2006 to current
**Exhaust manifold gaskets and seal rings replaced
**Timing Belt that was installed but never turned
**New battery less than 6 mo old and replaced battery connectors on cables
**welded and repaired any holes in exhaust front to rear
**spark plugs and wires
**Replaced main shifting shaft arm and fork during transmission service inspection less than 100 miles ago

INTERIOR:
2002-current
**both front seat belt latch housings new.
**all new power window switches
**ignition switch replaced
**installed CD player and rewired the original speakers to unit
**Both doors have new interior rubber weather stripping
**Driver side window motor new
**shifter knob and boot cover replaced

EXTERIOR & BODY:
2002-current
**replaced all exterior rubber weather stripping around
rear window and windshield
**removed auto antenna, replaced all wire and installed
standard antenna
**Replaced BMW emblems on hood and trunk
**Replaced left front blinker assembly
**Replaced left rear lighting assembly

CURRENT ITEMS THAT NEED TO BE REPLACED OR NO LONGER WORK

**Engine valve and piston damage due to loss of timing belt at high speed 2 months ago. I have not investigated the extent of damage. With a reading of “0” compression I am assuming the worst.
**Needs new exhaust
**Distributor is shot
**Cruise doesn’t work
**Odometer stopped at 201,620 and hasn’t worked since before I bought it. Speedo and other gages work fine
**Rear defrost doesn’t work
**A/C needs recharged and o-rings replaced due to age and that it will not hold Freon. HAS NOT BEEN CONVERTED FROM R12
**Security system was taken out sometime prior to my purchase
**Running lamps are shot and need to be rewired.
**spoiler is scratched and secured directly to the frame under bumper due to loosing body clips and all three plastic mounts are broken
**needs new carpet
**driver seat is shot, ripped and wore out but I creatively maintained stuffing and applied a imitation leather seat covers to both front seats the same color as current Beige leather
**All 5 Honeycomb wheels are missing all center caps and the spare tire is mounted on a slightly bent rim.

All offers will be considered
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> BMWs for sale All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: