Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ignition key light

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E36 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BMWarrior

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Ignition key light Reply with quote

This is a minor concern but can anyone tell me how the devil to get this flashlight to work on the key? After finally figuring out how to disassemble it, I can't reassemble the pieces to get the light to work.

I've replaced the battery cell but don't know if I'm putting the spring part back on correctly. I couldn't tell if the tiny bulb needed replacing so I didn't.

Again, this is minor compared to other things I need done on the car but it sure would be handy to have since I'm in the dark all the time with a black car.
scientist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I recall (before that key dropped into a lake, and I had to use a spare...), the entire flashlight came out as a module, by pressing the BMW logo down and then sliding it to the right and out.

How the module came apart I cant remember, but maybe that will jog your head enough that youll remember how you took it apart?

-sCi
mmaldin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't get it to work, just go to the stealer and get a new one, ~$10. On the new replacement, the roundel is colored instead of black, a nice little improvement to the key.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E36 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: