Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Falken Tires

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 5 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dfnail

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Falken Tires Reply with quote

I saw a really good review on the Falken Zies ZE 512 tire. Just wondering if anyone had experience with this tire and if it would be a good tire for my car. I was disappointed with the Dunlop Sport A2 with respect to noise and tread wear (32000 miles) and do not want to make another similiar mistake.
edjack

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Falken Tires Reply with quote

My wife has the Dunlops on her Camry, and they do howl at low speeds. I expect them to last a long time, however. And they do stick like glue.

Go to tirerack.com, and use their database to compare tires. They have a lot of data available, both from customer feedback, and their own testing.

Compare their prices with local quotes. They can sometimes beat local pricing, even with shipping and installation costs thrown in.
krhodes1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Falkens on both my '91 318is and my '92 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible. And a set on order for my "new" '86 535i. Quite pleased with them on both cars, quiet, sticky, and they seem to be lasting fine. I anticipate them lasting 30K miles or so. Not super long life, but you can't beat the price. They also balance extremely well.

Kevin Rhodes
Westbrook, Maine
dfnail

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was disappointed in the Falkens. They became very noisy as they wore down. They lasted for 30K miles. Since they were guranteed for 50K, I got an adjustment and replaced them with the expensive Michelins.
cbell2112

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Falkens on my old Volvo 850 Turbo. They were Z rated and I had the sport package with the low profile rims. I knew very little about the tires at the time but they had a good price and were recommended on tire rack and by my local tire store.

I will say that they were one of the only sets of low profile tires were I really felt like I received good value for my money. If you have the sport package on your 5 series then I think you are going to get tire noise no matter what towards the end of the tread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 5 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: