Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lotus Elise

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Lotus Elise Reply with quote

So I'm driving along a secondary road in my white Chevy Caprice Classic wagon...aka The White Adobe...out here in rural New Mexico...when a red Lotus Elise pulls in front of me. I look at the little guy and think what a nice vehicle...Lotus gets it right...they use a Toyota drive train (I believe)...I'd like one. Uh huh.

Next thing I know...as sure as I'm sitting here and writing this...one of the right tail lights simple falls, slips, slides out of its frame...out of the car body and just hang there as the driver continues on his way.

This is the part of the Elise that must be Traditional Lotus.

The Lotus Tradition.
TnSlim

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Lotus Elise Reply with quote

Henry wrote:
...This is the part of the Elise that must be Traditional Lotus.

The Lotus Tradition.

I long have held the belief that Lotus and Lada were locked in a life-or-death struggle for the title of manufacturer of the world's least reliable car.
Fitz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots
Of
Trouble
Usually
Serious

Early Elise used the Rover K series lump and I think it was aluminium disk brakes that stopped working when they got wet. Lotus had to recall them to change the brakes.

They are actually quite reliable now that they use the Toyota engine.
Henry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize they use the Toyota drivetrain. However, right in front of my eyes, as I was thinking of that reliable Toyata drivetrain, that pesky taillight literally fell out of its recepticle and hung limp, like an overcooked sausage; dangling over the boot, facing the tarmac and secured to the vehicle by a silly wire(s).

Ugly sight.

Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: