Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E46 328i Accelerator problems. Please help someone !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
imaston

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: E46 328i Accelerator problems. Please help someone ! Reply with quote

Please could someone help me, I'm desperate for advice.
I recently purchased an S reg 1999 328ise. Love the car but it has a problem.
The accelerator pedal feels very stiff (much stiffer than other E46's I've driven) and when you change gear the revs carry on rising when the clutch is down. The person I bought it from (it was delivered to me from York) did mention this to be fair and he said it started after he had the cruise control on for a while.
It sort of feels like something is sticking (throttle cable ?). It's difficult to drive as you can't accelerate smoothly, it's either on or off ! I know the pedal should not be anywhere near that stiff. Does it need greasing somewhere and could that be the reason why the revs are still going up when I change gear ?
Your help is much appreciated.
Many Thanks
edjack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure, but, if your car still has a cable connected to the accel pedal (as opposed to drive-by-wire), then the accel cable could be binding as a result of a poor connection at the throttle plate.

The E39 5 series suffered from a throttle cable problem. Perhaps yours suffers the same malady. Check the throttle cable for free movement.

Ed BMW CCA member since 1987 (Nr. 62319).
'97 540i 6 speed Aspensilber over Aubergine interior.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: