Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cruise control does not work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don C

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Cruise control does not work Reply with quote

The cruise control of my 1997 Z3 does not work. I have been told that this could be because of a light out or because of something not quite right in the engine.

I just received the owner's manual today and don't see this mentioned anywhere. The lights are all working, so it must be something else.

To quote the song, "Oh dear, what can the matter be? Dear, Dear what can the matter be?" ...

Blacksmithcrm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuse??

It may be time to take it to the $60 an hour guys. But, before you do, how often do you plan to use it?
Don C

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: How often will I use it? Reply with quote

This is now my daily go to work car. The cruise control is not really important, but it would be nice to have it working. I'll probably have my regular mechanic take a look at the brake switch next time it is in.

I'd been driving a Buick Century figuring to replace it after I retire in a couple of years. But I found this on a lot and quickly decided that I should have a little fun driving to work. Why wait until I'm not driving as much!

And I AM enjoying it. Temps tomorrow headed close to 70 so it is very possible that the top will come down for at least part of the day (I have the towel in the trunk to put between the folded plastic window).
Blacksmithcrm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a beautiful day here in northern Virginia as well. I'd been waiting for one like this! Drop the top and celebrate!

Had my first "line challenge" today. Of all things, a new (30 day tag) Jeep. Wasn't much of a contest,, walked away from him without having to do any real pedal pushing. It did make me smile none the less.

Good luck with the cruise issue. Wish I knew more about it.
Don C

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Cruise Control Reply with quote

Just to follow up. I took the car to an independent BMW repair shop where they replaced, among other things, the brake light switch. That took care of the cruise control problem.

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: