Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So much for showing off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don C

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: So much for showing off Reply with quote

As noted in my other post, I just purchased an Atlantablu 1997 Z3. Brought to work for the first time today. Pulled into a parking spot on the end of the row to stay away from swinging car doors, and, not incidently, where it is highly visible (bragging here).

So with seven vacant slots beside me in pulls a very old station wagon which has been hand painted in many colors. This is the kind of car you could put in a hillbilly parade and it would feel right at home.

I suppose the Z will stand out by way of contrast, but it certainly is not the company I had planned to keep!
Blacksmithcrm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch out! Some of the ugly may fall off and get on the Z!
Don C

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what worried me!

That monstrosity was still there at the end of the day. My poor shiny Z had to sit next to that thing all day! I may not want to take me to work tomorrow if it thinks that THAT is how its day will be spent!
Blacksmithcrm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, take the Z on a nice romp and I'm sure it will forget all about the fuglymobile. Cheers!
Don C

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She'll start out at the BMW dealer to get the radio reset and for me to ask a couple of questions (e.g. how to get the cruise control to work) and then I think we'll take her up to "the knobs of Southern Indiana" which is a hilly region beside the Ohio River. Give her a look at some country highway. Should make us all feel better! With temps in the 50's and mostly sunny skies we might even put the top down (and the heater UP).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: