Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

front shock tower brace, chrome shift surround

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drmitch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: front shock tower brace, chrome shift surround Reply with quote

What's the general experience regarding front strut braces on the Z3? I've got a 2000 2.3L. Does it make a truly noticable difference? Anybody use the OMP brace on ebay out of Canada? How about the Weichers bar from Auto Mark? It's reasonably priced at $200 and they claim it's a high quality bar, German built, race tested. If the bar really improves handling and feel, I'm in but not for $400+, like a Dinan bar.

Also looking for a US source for the chrome shift boot surround. I've only been able to find European source thus far and they can get pricey with the exchange rates and shipping...thanks.
Blacksmithcrm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a 2000 2.3, and have added a "Racing Dynamic" ($235) brace to the front struts - It did indeed stiffen up the ride. I imagine that the Dinan bar stiffens up the ride even more so by making the occupants wallet lighter!
erikjohnnelson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever do the strut brace? If so, which did you go with?
drmitch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with a used Strong Strut bar. It made a HUGELY noticable difference in handling. However, after driving the Z for a few months, I found it was not nearly as much fun as my 95 Miata had been, so I sold it and got a 99 Miata. Much more fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: