Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

top boot, door panels & seatbelt guide from new Z3 owner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drmitch

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: top boot, door panels & seatbelt guide from new Z3 owner Reply with quote

Hello All,

Just bought a 2000 2.5L Z3 a couple of weeks ago and need some education. First, is there some trick to getting the soft top boot snapped in behind the seats? Wow!
Second, any info on removing door panels with side airbags?
Third, that may be a moot question if there is an answer to why my windows do this; if I roll down part way, when I go to roll up they go up maybe an inch, stop and go back down 1/2 inch. If I take them all the way down, they will then go all the way up. Somebody told me they might have to be "set" like in certain Mercedes, take them all the way up, hold the button for a few secs, take all the way down, hold, then OK. Tried that and no change.
Fourth the seat belt guide on the side of the passenger seat is cracked; I think I can gorilla glue it but if there's an easy replacement, I'll do that. Dealer said $25 for the part and have to remove upholstery to install; true?
Last (for now) is there a local Los Angeles Z club? I had a Miata before this and the local Miata club was very helpful with tech days and social events. Thanks!
Mitch
2000 Silver 2.5L

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: