Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your advice for woking on my '99 328is

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> How to use this BB, FAQ

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
<new to BMW service>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Your advice for woking on my '99 328is Reply with quote

Hi - I'm generally familiar with taking care of a vehicle (oil changes and the like), but I need to start taking care of my 328is. Its going out of warranty next month, (bought CPO), so I'm going to take on the Inspections, oil changes, and anything else I can do at home. I simply can't afford the dealership. So, I'm open to your suggestions on where to start. From the best way to do an oil chage (and not leave a mess), to any other tips for my car with 83K. I love this car!
<Rocker Guy>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Your advice for woking on my '99 328is Reply with quote

I can give u some tips on the oil change. First of all do not drain the transmission fluid like what I did. The fluid is expensive and difficult to unscrew with a wrench. They have the same size of bolt but the drain plug is more to the front for the oil pan. The filter should be pretty basic to remove unless it becomes stuck like mine. I had to beat the crap out of my filter to get it out. If u have Probs. with the oil change email me retrovirus2003@yahoo.com

Cheers
Goodluck
krisrigas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Your advice for woking on my '99 328is Reply with quote

depending on your car, you might be able to use medium grade gas, i think this is a bad idea and is worth it in the long run to use premium, it will make your motor run better and more smoothly, or thats what i like to think, also some what frequently it is always good to thuroghly check your car, especially under the hood for any cut, cracked tubes that need to be replaced or what not, and change the oil when it needs to be done, dont hold out on her
kris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> How to use this BB, FAQ All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: