Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Headlight Help for Newbie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> How to use this BB, FAQ

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
<mrteebone70>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Headlight Help for Newbie Reply with quote

Hello all. I'm new to the bimmer world. Just bought an '84 325 that I'm trying to fix up. With the help of his board, I've resolved several minor problems with the car and I'm making good progress on getting it back in shape. Something that I'm still having trouble with, though, is that the high beam headlights will not function at all. I've tried to follow the recommendations of other postings on this topic (check fuses, relays, ground, and replace the combination switch) but nothing has done the trick. Both right and left low beams work. To test the high beam bulbs, I unplugged the low beam connectors and plugged them into the high beam lamp sockets and the high beam lights came on, so I know the headlights themselves are ok. Something that I noticed when checking fuses is that, on this car, the fuses for the low beams are not 13 and 14. They're actually in positions 23 and 24. As a test, with the low beams on, I also individually removed each relay in the fuse box and the low beams never went off. Now I'm really stumped. I'm wondering if the relays are sometimes located somewhere other than in the under hood fuse box. My car may have been imported into the US from Europe(don't know if this would make a difference in the wiring). All of this makes me wonder if there is a different fuse box and wiring diagram that I need to be looking at. Sorry to be so long-winded, but I wanted to give you some background. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
mrteebone70
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> How to use this BB, FAQ All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: