Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

forum name change?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roadstergal
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: forum name change? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Billo:
Sex, religion, politics and morality? .

Hey, don't mix sex in with the other stuff!
MattB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: forum name change? Reply with quote

not all wild boars are the monsters you see on tv. The true killer wild boar i think are in africa and parts of europe.
Some (most here in florida) are just domesticated pigs that got out and became wild feral pigs (redundant?... sorry)
Most have tusks, but lots of them have very small tusks and some none at all.

You don't have to tackle the pig and stab it to death either. You can use the knife to make a spear, traps, etc. Not to knock barron... who knows, maybe he bit it to death. (you savage animal you) :-)

My biggest challenge in land survival (starve-ival) school was sharpening the damn kabar. Those things are damn near impossible to get a good edge on them.
All the navy flight crews have one in their flight gear SV2 (their flight vest)
Lots of guys (and gals) swap them out with a personal knife since the std-issue kabars are junk. They just put them back in for getting their gear inspected so they don't get in trouble.

[ 07-27-2004: Message edited by: Matt B ]
panzerkeil302

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: forum name change? Reply with quote

Interesting...when I was in service, we had LPX (leadership prep exercise)...basically two weeks in the bush with a compass, a map, a tent and co-ordinates to MRE's...We never had to kill anything - but then again, Air Force was a "more gentile" service...no offense Coast Guard

Frankly, if I saw a wild pig, I would a)$hit myself b) run away screaming...maybe not in that order
MattB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: forum name change? Reply with quote

Dunno about Barron, but I hunt em in florida with a rifle or a shotgun with slugs in it.

I cannot stand to see animals suffer and won't kill them unless I'm gonna eat them.
So, in my opinion, if you can't kill it in one shot, you have no business shooting at it.

I'm not condemning other ways of hunting, i.e. bowhunting, kabar etc...
that's just my way.

Wild pig (here) is wonderful. We take large pieces of meat, salt and pepper it with a little butter, wrap in tinfoil with onions, carrots, etc and grill it or throw it on the coals for awhile. Kinda like a good potroast.
Roadstergal
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: forum name change? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt B:
or a shotgun with slugs in it.

For a moment, I had a mental image that was just wrong.
dale

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: forum name change? Reply with quote

Riding around in a tank (M60A3, this was just before the M1 was introduced everywhere, the guys on east german border duty got the M1 first) in Germany on field exercises, the one thing the old timers would caution you about, was the wild boars in the German forests. Don't mess with them, climb a tree!
MattB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: forum name change? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Roadstergal:

For a moment, I had a mental image that was just wrong.

ha ha ha. you mean like

BANG!!! ...... SPLAT!!! HA HA HA

Ya... what Dale says is right.
The original mean nasty wild boars came from Russia and spread through Europe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: