Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

forum name change?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pup

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: forum name change? Reply with quote

can we change the name of this forum from "lounge" to "mindless, unproductive political bickering"?
donaldan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: forum name change? Reply with quote

How about shuffling those discussions to a new section, called "Politics, religion and morality?" That way, I can doggedly avoid it.
jamminjames

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: forum name change? Reply with quote

You have a very good point, both of you. I admit I got sucked into the pool for a while...

So, my apologies to the board. Sometimes I get carried away with my thoughts. At least I can say I try not to sugar-coat them.

I'll try to make things lighter from now on. But, this is an off-topic section and I just try to bring up ideas that maybe some others haven't thought about.

And actually, I've learned a lot here. Henry and Panzer have made some very good points that I haven't really considered before. I may not agree with them, but they do get the 'ol gray-matter between my ears working. For what-its-worth...

If this section is not your cup-o-tea, I would treat it like the click(er) for your TV - if you don't want to watch something, don't click on it.

I, for one, have learned a lot. And it's interesting to see what other people in other parts of the country are thinking...

But that's just me.
Billo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: forum name change? Reply with quote

Don,

To expand a bit...Sex, religion, politics and morality? .

Bill
patrick66

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: forum name change? Reply with quote

Call it whatever you like, but I guarantee that in the three auto-related forums I participate in regularly (and they're all Infopop forums, BTW), they all have their forum/lounge areas as the most popular areas. It got rid of the BS posts in the different areas and moved all to one spot in each forum. Plus, this is so easy to navigate and update. Some of the others I hit once in awhile are such a PITA and don't have the separate area for non-car stuff. Keep it like it is, Billo and Dale, don't change it for the few that may whine and bitch about what they perceive as everyone else's whining and bitching!

It's all good, clean fun. Until someone falls down and pokes an eye out.
panzerkeil302

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: forum name change? Reply with quote

that's a nice sentiment, james, and I feel the same way...it's like I was saying to mattb the other day...bs politics aside, if I saw SatNightbimmer with a flat by the side of the road, I'd stop and give him a hand (hey wait, that's me stalking him again)...if I knew you were heading out to Iraq, I'd hope you returned home safely...I have a feeling pat and I could swap euronato stories from dawn til dusk..

And, of course, my personal favorite, Markf. The dude is in a freakin' war zone, but he still finds the time to give us updates and an exclusive "insiders" glimpse into the life of a "freelance liberator"...how can you beat that?
SaturdayNightBimmer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: forum name change? Reply with quote

I've seen other forums that have a "LOUNGE" like this, except they have "areas" within the lounge forum that you click on. "Political area" or "flame area" or "psycho area" or "miscellaneous area" or "Adult Talk area" or whatever. Might be cool to group everything into sub-areas and keep it clean that way.

This REALLY is a good idea, for real guys.
panzerkeil302

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: forum name change? Reply with quote

Heck, I don't think we need a seperate forum...but if you're going to starting breaking the forum down into sub-groups, make sure we have a "talks-a-big game, but won't back it up" section
MattB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:39 am    Post subject: forum name change? Reply with quote

ya know?

I had a good friend in my last squadron who said something profound that just came to mind:

"Life really is just like 4th grade, but people just get taller."

I love this website.
MattB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject: forum name change? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Billo:
Don,

To expand a bit...Sex, religion, politics and morality? .

Bill

and don't forget booze and tobacco and drugs. We talk about those too.
panzerkeil302

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:44 am    Post subject: forum name change? Reply with quote

not kidding, glad we got the war to fight over, without it, we'd have to debate gun-control, abortion and other stuff...
panzerkeil302

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:10 am    Post subject: forum name change? Reply with quote

my old boss (a Korean war vet) felt strongly that we should have a "gun day". His theory was that anyone with a gun, on this given day, could go out into the streets and shoot anyone else with a gun. Of course he was kidding....but think about it...it's just so crazy it just might WORK!
RedBaron86325

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:19 am    Post subject: forum name change? Reply with quote

The last time I went hunting, we had no guns in our group. We went wild boar hunting with simply a K-bar. It was quite challenging and we ended up with a successful hunt. Wild boars definitely put up a good fight and are very strong; but, in the end the superior carnivore won. The hunt is more rewarding when you put yourself in danger.
panzerkeil302

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: forum name change? Reply with quote

I gotta know...what's a k-bar? Please, pictures!!!
panzerkeil302

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:55 am    Post subject: forum name change? Reply with quote

Okay, correct me if I'm wrong - but doesn't a wild boar have REALLY LONG tusks? And aren't they notorious for being very, very nasty?

note to self: when the ammo runs out, find redbarron...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: