Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OMG, WATCH THIS VIDEO
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
panzerkeil302

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: OMG, WATCH THIS VIDEO Reply with quote

I think they had hired the car for the night? The driver wasn't her normal one, and had been taking medication and drinking....at least that's what Charles wants us to believe (wink, wink).

Either way, 100mph...maybe they'd all have lived if they'd been wearing belts...You can't blame the car for that.

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
Greenhornet84

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: OMG, WATCH THIS VIDEO Reply with quote

Actually, most accidents are rear enders. DWI, fell asleep, distracted. I don't have the national stats but I workfor a Benz dealer and we sell more than 10 hoods for every rear deck.
Or maybe rich people can,t drive.
mark
kyshadetreebmw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: OMG, WATCH THIS VIDEO Reply with quote

No, it is called 'following too closely'. You need 3 seconds minimum, ideal conditions...Otherwise you should just think of yourself as a randomly set time bomb. Just the facts, ma'm.
dale

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: OMG, WATCH THIS VIDEO Reply with quote

JRS: I heard the speed was 120kph into that pillar, or converted 74mph.

BMW Magazine had a writeup about a gal that worked for them who investigated motorcycle accidents. She was basically on call 24x7, whenever a BMW Motorcycle had an accident in Bavaria, she would hop on her bike and speed to the scene. Take notes and pictures and feed this data back to the engineers who would improve the next edition with that information.

A friend told me of a video he saw of an early 70s BMW being crash tested. They offered a convicted felon a chance to get out of his prison sentence, if he agreed to be the crash test dummy. He agreed.
The hauled the car up to (I'm guessing on this part) 50 or 60 mph, and crashed it into a brick wall.

The convict got out, the doors on this early 70s BMW (I'm guessing an E12, in USA as the 530i 76/77/78 and 528i 79/80/81) still opened, looked around, and ran off before anyone could change their mind.

It's not too much of a suprise this video isn't available, shame he didn't video tape it, but he swears he saw this video.

E28, head-on into a Ford pickup, both doing 60mph. The driver of the E28 was able to walk away, the passenger had some injuries, the pickup driver had major injuries
http://www.garageboy.com/fahrt/e28crash.html

[ 06-17-2004: Message edited by: dale ]

GhotiHook

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: OMG, WATCH THIS VIDEO Reply with quote

all i want to know is where he got that BMW 5 series for 1000 dollars....?
patrick66

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: OMG, WATCH THIS VIDEO Reply with quote

A friend I used to fly with got stationed in Germany about three years ago, and was looking forward to riding his new Hayabusa on the 'bahns. He got there and had been riding for about three months in-country. He decided to pass a car on a narrow two-lane tree-lined road. On his rear wheel. At an estimated 160 km/h (100 mph). In the rain. On a slight right curve. The result, though predictable and tragic, was still quite stunning in its' violence...

He hit a tree, then got thrown off the bike and went an estimated 85 mph into another tree, slicing his body in two at the waist and snapping his helmet, complete with head, off his body. The bike continued another 750 feet down the road and hit another tree, as well, which broke the bike in three large pieces and causing a small fire. Tarps covered the three parts of his remains while the polizei investigated.

The driver of the car, though completely unhurt and without damage to his car, suffered a heart attack from the shock and later died in the hospital.

What does this have to do with the video? Just that if you're going to go out and it's your time, it's your time...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: