Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

They’re lying through their turbans

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TnSlim

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: They’re lying through their turbans Reply with quote

If you think the problem is only with the radical Muslims, you need to start frequenting the Middle Eastern Media Research Institute’s web site (memritv.org). They monitor Arabic media broadcasts throughout the Middle East, translate them and post the transcripts. If it doesn’t scare the bejeezis out of you to read what the Arabs are saying when they think we’re not listening, it should.

To our faces, in English, the Saudis are condemning the terrorists and giving them 30 days to surrender or face the consequences. Behind our backs, in Arabic (according to MEMRI), they’re saying things more akin to this:

“...the Jews are oppressors ...The same goes for the Christians, because of their cruel aggression against Islamic countries ...while the truth is that this is a crusading war whose goal is to harm Muslims. This is why a Muslim is allowed to curse the oppressors from among the Jews and Christians ...Cursing the oppressing Jews and the oppressing and plundering Christians and the prayer that Allah will annihilate them is permitted....”

“...The issue is not one person, two, ten or a hundred going out with their guns to support their brothers. Defeating the infidels requires a much greater effort. It requires the mobilization of the nation. How can the nation be mobilized? I believe that the stupid acts of these Jews and Crusaders mobilize the nation. The big explosion will come! In spite of everything, it will happen!...”

“...Regarding a person who blows himself up, I know this issue is under disagreement among modern clerics and jurisprudents ...There is nothing wrong with [martyrdom] if they cause great damage to the enemy. We can say that if it causes great damage to the enemy, this operation is a good thing. This is when we talk of Dar Al-Harb. But, if we speak of what happens in Muslim countries, such as Saudi Arabia ...this is forbidden, brothers! This is the land of the Muslims. We must never do this in a Muslim country....”

“...Allah said, 'prepare against them all the force and horsemen that you can.' What for? In order to strike fear into their hearts ...At the same time, [we should] establish strategies for the future, even if only for the short term, and prepare ...so that one of these days, even 100, 200, or 400 years from now, we will become a force that will be feared by the infidel states....”

Do these sound like statements made by adherents to a religion of peace? Do these sound like the sentiments of people you want to make nice with?

These are not Iraqis or Iranians or Syrians mind you, these are our allies, the Saudis. With allies like this, we could do with one fewer enemy.
panzerkeil302

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:01 am    Post subject: They’re lying through their turbans Reply with quote

Ahhhh, now we are getting somewhere.

"If you think the problem is only with the radical Muslims, you need to start frequenting the Middle Eastern Media Research Institute’s web site (memritv.org)"

So the problem isn't radical Muslims (according to your article) the problem is Muslims. Slim, you don't see something morally wrong with that?
board_nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: They’re lying through their turbans Reply with quote

Still trying to peddle the clash of religions and civilizations, eh? Maybe you sleep better reducing everything to simplistic oppositions.

quote:
For people who tried to be serious and honest commentators, the answers to "why they hate us" have been easy to find all along, and it is rather striking to see the systematic avoidance (what anthropologists sometimes call "ritual avoidance") of the clearest evidence. I've often reviewed it in print -- in World Orders, for example, when the documents were declassified. In brief, Eisenhower and his staff were concerned in the 1950s about the "campaign of hatred" against us in the Arab world, and understood the reasons: the perception that the US supports harsh and oppressive regimes and blocks democracy and development, and does so to gain control of the energy resources of the region. In later years, that remained true, though new reasons arose. Thus when the Wall St. Journal and others studied attitudes of "moneyed Muslims" (bankers, managers of multinationals, corporate lawyers, etc.) after 9-11, they found the same reasons, along with others: the decisive US support for vicious Israeli repression of Palestinians and robbery of their resources, and the murderous US-UK sanctions that were devastating the civilian society of Iraq. In the streets and villages, the attitudes would be far more extreme. Since Western intellectuals don't like to hear unpleasant truths about themselves, not surprisingly, we are treated instead to a stream of fantasies about "why they hate us".

It remains true.
Greenhornet84

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: They’re lying through their turbans Reply with quote

I'm glad I'm not the only one keeping an eye on the other Media. But try to remember that it's propaganda directed toward the choir {the already believing populace). I hear the same (but opposite) kind of nonsense when I listen to Rush and Sean. I don't agree with them but it's important to listen to what thr other side is saying. And, just by theway, I thought Rush was outragies.. Sean is outragious and obnosious. And his ratings are off the scale so there must be an appitite in this country for peersonal attacts against Democrats. I I don't think it will do any good. This election will be on "Do you like George Bush, the War in Iraq, the Patriot Act, the prisioners at Gitmo, the prisioners at Abu Grave, the 840 American dead and the 20,000 American wounded.
Thia was a war of agression and if the Iraqies can pull this out and create a stable nation then the world will view our agression with some justifaction
Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: