Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official EBAY E30 Parts ALERT thread...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaturdayNightBimmer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Official EBAY E30 Parts ALERT thread... Reply with quote

SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM and work your way up for the latest auction info...

Hey guys, let's use this thread to ALERT each other on the hard to find stuff that comes up on eBay....

I'm also going to delete my posts where the auctions have expired. That way it'll keep this thread from being like 400 posts!

[ 05-20-2004: Message edited by: SaturdayNightBimmer ]
JRS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Official EBAY E30 Parts ALERT thread... Reply with quote

I agree but let's also agree on this:

He/she who 'calls it' first 'dibs' should get first pick. If they are unable to purchase, then 2nd-dibs gets the bid. Otherwise, the seller gets what he needs: Excellent competition for a bid-war.

JRS
markf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject: Official EBAY E30 Parts ALERT thread... Reply with quote

SNIPER..!!
markf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:05 am    Post subject: Official EBAY E30 Parts ALERT thread... Reply with quote

Which one of you guys snagged that top..?
That was a good deal.
JRS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Official EBAY E30 Parts ALERT thread... Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by markf:
Which one of you guys snagged that top..?
That was a good deal.

Mark, the only convertible car I owned was the Miata... This would've been no good to me.. and the posting even states "Pickup only" - which means he won't ship it.

Must've been someone local to his area.

JRS
markf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:53 am    Post subject: Official EBAY E30 Parts ALERT thread... Reply with quote

Quote:
Mark, the only convertible car I owned was the Miata...

...well this isn't gonna do. Your gonna have to get a convertible BMW.
C'mon.. with all that Texas sunshine?
Or, is it that you Texans quickly turn to beef jerky, in the abscence of a sheilding canopy..?

My 325iC is the closest vehicle to a motorcycle that I can own, and not need to wear a helmut.

Unfortunetly.. Seattle sucks as far as convertible weather goes. Then again.. Us Seattlites need to soak up every bit of sun we can get, ..justifying a rag-top.

Wasn't that Miata a bit under powered?

Tony.. dem seats is uuugly.

[ 04-20-2004: Message edited by: markf ]
JRS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:55 am    Post subject: Official EBAY E30 Parts ALERT thread... Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by markf:
..C'mon.. with all that Texas sunshine?
Or, is it that you Texans quickly turn to beef jerky, in the abscence of a sheilding canopy..?

Well, um - yea. Yes we do turn into beef jerky if the convertible tops are down during the months of July, August, September, and part of October.

My 1990 Miata was underpowered as compared to today's model. But it could handle corners without breaking any lower suspension parts.

I miss that car.

JRS
JRS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Official EBAY E30 Parts ALERT thread... Reply with quote

Yo, Manero -

Read the ebay posting again... he bought them for his E30 and they didn't fit.

JRS
JRS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Official EBAY E30 Parts ALERT thread... Reply with quote

Be-atch to keep clean....

JRS
Jarvis

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Official EBAY E30 Parts ALERT thread... Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by SaturdayNightBimmer:

Not me Mark. If I find something I "have to have," I'll stay quiet and just snipe it. I will post interesting stuff here though, like these...

What if someone else has found something that they "have to have," and are so far winning the bidding at a good price... then you alert the entire E30 community and everyone else who wants it but was too lazy to search eBay on their own regularly just raises the cost to whoever wins.

Unless it's something stupid that people are supposed to laugh at, please stop posting eBay auctions. At least the rarer E30 stuff.
If you find something you know someone in particular has been looking for, go ahead and PM or email them. But don't alert the whole community - you're probably just ruining a good deal for another E30 enthusiast.
Greenhornet84

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Official EBAY E30 Parts ALERT thread... Reply with quote

Saturdaynight...
You're right. Go for it
Mark
bbbidit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Official EBAY E30 Parts ALERT thread... Reply with quote

JRS
Well, um - yea. Yes we do turn into beef jerky if the convertible tops are down during the months of July, August, September, and part of October.
-----------------------------------
You forgot May and June too
bbbidit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Official EBAY E30 Parts ALERT thread... Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jarvis:
Unless it's something stupid that people are supposed to laugh at, please stop posting eBay auctions. At least the rarer E30 stuff.
If you find something you know someone in particular has been looking for, go ahead and PM or email them. But don't alert the whole community - you're probably just ruining a good deal for another E30 enthusiast.[/QB]

Jarvis

lighten up a little will ya.....
JRS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Official EBAY E30 Parts ALERT thread... Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by SaturdayNightBimmer:
BMW E30 M-Technic 2 Steering Wheel
M-Technic II Steering Wheel - A must!

Let me guess JRS, this isn't good enough for you either, right? You're killing me here guy!

No. I'd say theis is a great steering wheel.

No offense intended on the wheels. It just reminded me of my stock '87 Nissan Maxima wheels. Be-atch to clean. Yes, PBR brake pads are awesome. That's what I have installed. Low brake dust.

JRS
Jarvis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Official EBAY E30 Parts ALERT thread... Reply with quote

Some of you obviously aren't good at picking up a person's tone from how they write. I'm not too passionate about this topic at all and I'm not ordering anyone to do anything. I'm simply making a suggestion that would actually better than E30 community when you think about it. I requested that people "please" (aka being polite and civil) not post so many eBay auctions. Because for those 4 PMs from people thanking for the heads up, I bet there were another 4 E30 enthusiasts who just got screwed out of a good deal because a bunch of people suddenly starting raising the bids on the auction they were watching and preparing to "snipe." I understand the desire to alert other people on this board of rare items up for sale, but this board is only one small part of the E30 community. The people who went through the trouble to find a rare auction on their own and "snipe" it to get a good deal are also part of the E30 community.
Yes, I understand how an auction works and that's why if I had an eBay auction, I'd alert as many people as possible to sell for the highest price.
This topic has already been discussed on other boards and I know I'm not alone with how I feel. And once again, I wasn't ordering anyone to do anything. All I did was make a suggestion that I felt would leave the E30 community as a whole better off. There was no need for smart-ass responses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: