Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boo hoo! "Naked pyramids" with Iraqi detainees....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
markf

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject: Boo hoo! "Naked pyramids" with Iraqi detainees.... Reply with quote

Quote:
The Iraquis are an educated, secular nation

Educated..?
My friend, ..I believe you need to re-examine your definition of 'educated'.
At this point Im willing to concede that
most Iraqis have the same degree of education as you do.
As far as truely educated Iraqi's go.. virtually all Iraqi's with an education have fled that country.

Quote:
They are not going to be dictaated to to by a superpower that has a history of proping up dictators whose human rights violations were overlooked by the US as long as they sold us oil at a low price.

Thank gawd..! or Allah, in your case.
Because its far better to be dictaated to by a small minoirity of criminals individually seeking dictatorship, and who have a history of human rights violations.. isn't it?

..and my friend.. human rights violations were NEVER overlooked. They were always acknowledged by the great civilized nations. Sadly, short of what is happening NOW.. nothing could be done about it.

Unfortunetely.. this does not deminish our need for oil, so that hypocrites can brave the parking lots of Nordstrums, with a "NO OIL WAR" sticker in the back window of their over-sized SUV status symbol.

[ 05-28-2004: Message edited by: markf ]
MattB

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject: Boo hoo! "Naked pyramids" with Iraqi detainees.... Reply with quote

you wrote "Almost nothing Rush, Sean or Ann ever proves to be right."

...uh... sure dude. Keep watching CNN and let's just not even bother to argue this one. I don't think it would get very far for either of us if you really believe that.

As for the quotes:
At least the quotes of Rush, Ann, etc are current and in touch with what's going on.
That guy's quote from 1997 was during the Klinton administration. I'm sure the plans of the head of the US Govt changed dramatically when Bush got in.

On the civil war thing:
If we took the liberals' advice and pulled out now, then yes, it would probably happen.

Guess time will tell.

[ 05-28-2004: Message edited by: Matt B ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: