Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How much would you want?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

Ok Cephas,

If you’re not going to read this link any more then you’re going to miss my nifty movie on…….You guessed it!!!.........CAMEL SPIDERS!!!!

The Nifty CAMEL SPIDER!

Bill
markf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

BILL..?!!
You Apple heathen..!
How about using a format used by 95% of the world?
No way Im gonna put QT on my system.. OR 'Real Player' for that matter.

[ 04-16-2004: Message edited by: markf ]
Bavarian Weedeater

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

camel spiders scare me
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BD325ic

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

I guess this question has even more meaning after recent events!

I wish everyone could return home safe but that's not going to happen.
TnSlim

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

I'm looking for work there now. An offer of 100 large would make me think about it. An offer of 120 would make me think about which sidearm to wear on the flight over.

[ 05-11-2004: Message edited by: Tennessee Slim ]
markf

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

Whoooaa!.. I got the call today. No sh*t..
They started processing me this morning. I told them I would consider the offer when I get it.. they said, 'with my permission they would like to start processing me. This way I'll be loaded into the barrel, and ready to fire, should I accept.'

My colleague is there now.. he says its not nearly as bad as he was expecting..

Im thinking thats how everybody probably feels.. all the way up to the blinding flash which strips your limbs off..

Hmmm.. much to consider.

Tennessee ... What kind of work do you do?

[ 05-11-2004: Message edited by: markf ]
SaturdayNightBimmer

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

I'll handle Gerda for you while you're gone.
Leave the keys under the front mat, and give me your eBay user ID and password so I can buy stuff for her.
patrick66

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

Mark, several of my civilian co-workers were living in the Saudi compound in Riyadh when it was attacked and bombed one year ago today. Of the six, five were injured, one seriously enough to be medevaced to Germany. My last trip to Saudi (June-Sept '01), I was staying in the same compound, but in a villa that was levelled in the '03 attack. A couple of days prior to the attack, the co-workers informed our company that they were going to demand to be sent home prior to the contract end unless security was substantially increased. We had a 17-mile one-way drive from the compound to the Saudi base we were doing training at. We were extrodinarily vigilant in our drive to and from, always looking for potential attack points and places we could evade to if we were suddenly attacked by whoever. As unarmed contractors, we were basically sitting ducks if the big $hitball hit the fan! As it turned out, the attackers of last year were basing themselves in a house just 1/2 mile from the compound, and had been there for a couple of years, at least. My advice - don't go! It ain't worth the $$$ or the pain!

I have absolutely NO use for that part of the planet, nor its' people, nor their alleged "culture". The only way to victory, in the case of these heathens and thugs, is their total annihilation. Some really, REALLY large ordinance (MOABs, daisy cutters, tac nukes, etc.) is the ONLY way to eradicate large numbers of these criminal bastards and their progeny, and to get their attention in a really BIG way. I'm sick of PC pussy-footing, mealy-mouthed ass-kissers in the government, their accomplices in the media, and a woefully uninformed and gullible American public.

If we lose, health care, SS, buying a home, etcetera, will be the very least of our worries! Getting (and keeping!) food, fuel, shelter, and ammo will become utmost priorities in the minds of people when they start seeing the kind of crap the Israelis put up with on a daily basis sets foot in our country! Do you think anyone will rush to OUR aid like we do around the world? Ain't gonna happen!

My 2 centavos...
JRS

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by markf:
..Hmmm.. much to consider.

Markf,

What braincell in you is even thinking about considering ? Shoot that braincell and realize what you're about to do.

If you must go, then at least bring your arsenal.

JRS
markf

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

I already pulled the trigger.
I'll be in Bagdaddy by early June..
BD325ic

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

Well Mark, ya got some big brass one's, not to mention a serious sense of adventure. Hopefully the compensation package was damn generous too!

I'll assume you'll have internet access while you're there, you better post on how things are going.

Good luck, keep your head low and try to have some fun!
JRS

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

How long is the contract ? 6 months ? 12 months ? 6 days ?

JRS
markf

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

BD325ic ... If they were brass I wouldnt be able to get any sleep...
To hell with adventure.. Ive had my share.
Now you probably think Im doing this for Money.
well.. im not.
Im doing it for a **** LOADof money..!!! heheh!
Yes, I will have internet.. thats one of my job funtions.. to set up the Wide Area Networks, and tie them together by satellite.
Thanx for best wishes.

JRS the contact is for one year. However, they estimate 3 years of work, with more contracts coming.
Hey.. your I.T. right? ..wanna go?
SaturdayNightBimmer

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

Watch for those spiders, always have sidearm and extra clip, and FedEx the Gerda keys! God speed man!
JRS

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by markf:
[QB..Hey.. your I.T. right? ..wanna go?[/QB]
Yes, in IT. Define "load".

JRS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: