Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How much would you want?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BD325ic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

I like his choice of rental cars

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
patrick66

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

Did he take the rental insurance? Does he have to leave the same amount of ammo in it when he returns it, or does he have to replace it? At least, it'll make it easier to find a parking spot at the shwarma stand! (Shwarma: a pita bread folded over w/lamb or goat meat, seasoned and served with a mayonaisse-style dressing and a 1/4 slice of pickle. NOT a gyro!)

The only thing I remotely miss about the Middle East is some of the food. Very tasty!
markf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

Hehehe... you guys are too funny..

Heres the other thing you gotta look out for, over there. When one of these gets in your sleeping bag, by Gawd.. you know it!
Personally.. Id rather take a bullet.

JRS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by BD325ic:
I like his choice of rental cars

Isn't that the star actor in the movie "Arachnids" ? Put him down! He's a celebrity.

JRS
JRS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

Markf,

All kidding aside, Iraqi insurgents are starting to take all types of foreigners as hostages.

Click Here for CNN report
I hope your friend stays clear from danger and stays in US occupied hotels.

JRS
markf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

JRS...

I appreciate the concern. Were watching the situation very closely.. My project wont be ready to go for another couple months or more.. So hopefully, things will improve. (alot)

I watched a good report on CNN the other day.
I seems that a major factor in pi**ing off the Iraqi's are the beauraucratic methods of our federal government, which they must endure.

Anybody who's ever had to visit the INS office can tell you, that it doesn't take long before you want to start shooting.
(my wife is Canadian)

Also.. the impatience of many of our troops to get home, sometimes brings out the worst in them. That, too, is understandable..
but disrespect for the Iraqi's, compounded with lengthy beauraucratic procedures infuriates them. This too, is understandable.

So it just seems that everybody is very impatient born out of our inability to provide whatever is needed in a timely manner.

We really need to reduce the amount of time it takes to render assistance. And we need to give the local police everything they need NOW.. and we havent done that.

The Iraqi's feel they can put things back together faster than we can. I think they may be right. They know they need us but our inefficiency is why they want us out of the way. Definitely understandable.

They're not all militant fundamentalists.
Many of them are just fed up, and feel they can do better.

I think we need a new administrator. One who will chop heads, and red tape.

[ 04-13-2004: Message edited by: markf ]
kyshadetreebmw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

From a lot of the reports, it sounds like the Iraqi police clear out when the thugs come to take over the station. I think they have a long way to go even if they are given equipment etc. The rule of law versus 'take it if you can' is going to take a while to take root. There are several decades of criminal 'backlog' to deal with.
Cephas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by markf:
Hehehe... you guys are too funny..

Heres the other thing you gotta look out for, over there. When one of these gets in your sleeping bag, by Gawd.. you know it!
Personally.. Id rather take a bullet.

That is disgusting.

I hope things get better over there soon. War is a scary thing.
Billo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

Ok, I give. What are those things?

Fortunately we have these bad boys to root them out.

And I’ve always been afraid of one of these critters lightin’ on me.

Words out they’re breedin’ these things over there again!

Bill

P.S. I found it. CAMEL SPIDER. Found it on this link. Be warned of pop-ups, I had a couple.

Camel Spider Info

Hope I didn't mess up this post
markf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

thought I was kidding? Didn't you.. EEEEK!
patrick66

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

I got bit by one of those damn things in Saudi in July '99 on my final military deployment, just four days before leaving. My right ankle had a softball (!!!) sized growth from where this thing nailed me. I was sleeping and it got into where I was at. It was very painful to walk and I had to have the growth surgically removed after I returned to OK. Camel spiders are not true spiders, but can run up to 20 mph, jump up to 20 feet in the air, and are very quiet and aggressive.

Yet another reason to despise the Middle East. Thirty+ trips over there; if it weren't for resources (oil), that whole part of the world would be Somalia!

A MOAB dropped on Fallujah would do wonders to accelerate the peace!!!
markf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

MOAB? = mother of all bombs?
JRS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

I got this from a website:
==========================

It's called MOAB, short for "massive ordnance air burst" bomb. It is a modern, bigger version of the 15,000-pound "Daisy Cutter" used in Vietnam, the Persian Gulf War and Afghanistan.

The MOAB's massive explosive punch, sources say, is similar to a small nuclear weapon.

It is intended to obliterate a command center hidden in tunnels and bunkers or a concentration of Iraqi tanks.

Whatever the target, it must be far from cities where civilians might be hurt. But one important aspect of using this type of weapon, sources say, will be psychological impact on enemy troops. It is intended to terrorize Iraqi troops, drastically reducing their desire to continue the fight.
===================================

JRS
Billo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

MOAB = Mother Of All Bombs!

Bill
Cephas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: How much would you want? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by patrick66:
Camel spiders are not true spiders, but can run up to 20 mph, jump up to 20 feet in the air, and are very quiet and aggressive.

Ohhhh, I think I'm never reading this thread again!

That is insane. So, this thing can outrun most people and even out-jump us. They could rule the world!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: