Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unofficialbmw.com Tshirts?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dale

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Unofficialbmw.com Tshirts? Reply with quote

Something I've been thinking about, and would enjoy doing, is creating Tshirts for Unofficialbmw.com.

What do all of you think? Good idea? Stupid idea?
Any artists want to take a shot at doing a TShirt logo?

Dale

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
dale

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Unofficialbmw.com Tshirts? Reply with quote

JRS, is this the site you mentioned? http://www.cafepress.com/
JRS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Unofficialbmw.com Tshirts? Reply with quote

Dale,

Yep. That's the site where you can setup a 'shop'. Here's the exact Link.

What you're basically doing is selling another company's goods (t-shirts, mugs, mouse pads, etc) with your design/logo on it. For every $XXX.XX you sell, you get a percentage of the profits. To make a big profit, you need to sell a huge quantity but you don't deal with inventory or returns. You just provide the customer base. A friend of mine setup an account for the local R/C (Radio Control) track that I own. It's made money. Not much but nothing to laugh at.

I, for one, would buy an "UnofficialBMW.com" T-shirt.

In a day and age when folks are saying they support you and this forum - - let 'em show it. I'll take an XL-shirt.

JRS
Cephas

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Unofficialbmw.com Tshirts? Reply with quote

Dale,
I'm sold! Now we need the designers to come in and work their magic. I for one cannot draw....
JRS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Unofficialbmw.com Tshirts? Reply with quote

It's simple... for each BMW - have their 3-digit letter (E30, E36, E46, etc.) on the front of the T-shirt. On the reverse side, have the "Don't know? Find out... UnofficialBMW.COM"

Or go reverse... have the "UnofficialBMW.com" in medium-size letters on the left-chest of the shirt and the 3-digits on the back.

Be careful in copyrighted logos...

JRS
rld777

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Unofficialbmw.com Tshirts? Reply with quote

Great idea to me--I'll take an XL as well, great way to advertise.
charliesmith

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Unofficialbmw.com Tshirts? Reply with quote

The 3 digit model designation is nice but means nothing to the BMW uninformed.

On a black (winter color) pocket T shirt print (in 1" high white letters) : "UnofficialBMW.com" across the chest and on the back print "moc.WMBlaiciffonU" (mirror image)
Reverse colors for summer wear.

This should get peoples attention and cause them to look around to the front of the T shirt and perhaps strike up a conversation about BMW's and dales site.
Alternate idea is same lettering scheme on each shirt sleeve.
Small Roundel on the pocket.

Sometimes less is more.

Just a thought.
Obey_Giant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: Unofficialbmw.com Tshirts? Reply with quote

I would get one! I think something like this would look nice minus the writing on the sleeves.
toolman7672

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: Unofficialbmw.com Tshirts? Reply with quote

Hey Giant,
That shirt looks like a hip grim reaper to me.
McK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Unofficialbmw.com Tshirts? Reply with quote

Cones stuck under the car, flying up in the air... that sweatshirt looks like someone took a photo of my last autocross.

I agree that less is more. I would buy if the tee shirts were very low key. I think this is a great site, and I love my car, but I don't flaunt it and I'll never be buying something from the BMW lifestyles catalog.
PJK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Unofficialbmw.com Tshirts? Reply with quote

I rairly wear T shirts, but if you come up with a dennim with a pocket for my glasses which is affordable, I'm in.

Phil

quote:
Originally posted by dale:
Something I've been thinking about, and would enjoy doing, is creating Tshirts for Unofficialbmw.com.

What do all of you think? Good idea? Stupid idea?
Any artists want to take a shot at doing a TShirt logo?

Dale

[ 02-12-2004: Message edited by: PJK ]
Roadstergal
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Unofficialbmw.com Tshirts? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by charliesmith:
On a black (winter color) pocket T shirt print (in 1" high white letters) : "UnofficialBMW.com" across the chest and on the back print "moc.WMBlaiciffonU" (mirror image)
Reverse colors for summer wear.
Alternate idea is same lettering scheme on each shirt sleeve.
Small Roundel on the pocket.

I like those ideas! Will BMW give Dale any crap if we have a Roundel on the shirt?
patrick66

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Unofficialbmw.com Tshirts? Reply with quote

A polo shirt with the unofficialbmw.com logo would work nicely, or a top-quality black T-shirt with a pocket. Make mine a 3X, please!
JRS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Unofficialbmw.com Tshirts? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Roadstergal:

I like those ideas! Will BMW give Dale any crap if we have a Roundel on the shirt?

If you make a profit (e.g. Sell T-shirts) and BMW doesn't get a 'cut' - Yes, they will give Dale crap.

If you 'modify' the picture of the roundel (e.g. use 'half' an image) and it doesn't exactly look like the BMW logo - then it can be 'used'.

JRS
dale

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Unofficialbmw.com Tshirts? Reply with quote

What some BMWCCA chapters have done is buy the TShirts with a big Roundel on them from the dealership, then bring it in to a custom tshirt shop, and have the chapter name, or event info added to the TShirt.
BMW gets their cut, it conforms to their standard, the dealer gets a cut, and the chapter gets the tshirt they want for the event. It's more expensive, but it's legal.

I would prefer to go the route of a new logo for Unofficialbmw.com, and create a bunch of tshirts priced in the $15-$20 range.

I'm still trying to find some with skill as a graphic artist to come up with a logo.

Dale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: