Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BMW NA...Please import this...

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rld777

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: BMW NA...Please import this... Reply with quote

When are they going to get these over here? Note especially 0-60 times, top speed, and urban & extra-urban fuel economy. We're missing out!! http://www.whatcar.com/RoadTest_FullData.asp?DL=0&RT=178462
edjack

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: BMW NA...Please import this... Reply with quote

Our diesel fuel has too much sulfur. Until we get that under control, and until American motorists want diesels again, fuggetabtit!

The diesels of the '70s caused a wholesale rejection by the Amaerican car buyer. It's gonna take some doing to get them back.

But look at that torque figure! 369 ft-lbs at 2000 RPM!
Roadstergal
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: BMW NA...Please import this... Reply with quote

Low-sulfer diesel is coming - and petition your legislators to get incentives to get bio-diesel stations set up! Then we can have torquey fuel-efficient motors that pollute at a low level...
rld777

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: BMW NA...Please import this... Reply with quote

Sulfur is the problem, no doubt, and also people's perception. I was visiting the Mercedies stand at the Chicago Auto Show, and they are actually starting to import the E320 CDI with the 3.2L I-6 common-rail diesel. Not sure how they are doing this without low-sulfur fuel, but esp if it'll run on the "nasty" fuel that powers my Cummins, I may have to give it a look in a couple of years.

A professor of mine and his wife at Wheaton College purchased a 2003 Jetta TDi 5-speed wagon last fall. On thier first trip, they averaged 62 mpg. This same professor purchased in 1967 a Mercedies 220D via German delievery, just after getting married (as thier honeymoon.) They still have the 220D, under a cover in thier garage, still shining like new, and running just as well, over 250k miles later.
YK2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: BMW NA...Please import this... Reply with quote

I LOVE MY JETTA TDI!!!!!

i also loved my 330cic, untill the lease was up.

and i outright ADORE my E30.

if BMW would just sell the 330d here in the U.S.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: