Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Commodities Trading

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BD325ic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Commodities Trading Reply with quote

I rarely talk with my Broker since I send my orders in electronically in the evening but I had a need to call him and the subject of trading systems and Turtle Trading came up in the conversation. He knows my system because when I started trading Futures, I called in all of my orders hoping that he would catch any mistakes I might be making, (It was a wise decision on my part).

He explained to me that the "original" Turtle Trading Rules were now posted at www.originalturtles.org and that they were downloadable in PDF format for "free". He also said to be prepared for a surprise.

I've since downloaded and read through the rules and felt they contained some pretty good information. The surprise came from the fact that this system is fairly close to the system I use, mine is simpler though.

It also opened my eyes regarding a few other things about Turtle Trading.

For those of you that have an interest in possibly Trading Futures, check out the website and see what it has to offer. If you're not familiar with Futures Trading, take a course and learn the basics otherwise the Turtle Rules may confuse you with some of the terms/principles.

Keep in mind these rules were developed by two of the "Market Wizards" interviewed in Jack D. Schwager's book, (a good book to read).

Bruce
95 325ic

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
JRS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Commodities Trading Reply with quote

Bruce,

Just curious, have you ever heard/tried a program called: "Options Made Easy". A friend of mine showed it to me over the weekend. It looks like a great tool to gauge the market.

JRS
BD325ic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Commodities Trading Reply with quote

JRS,

I haven't heard of this program but did a google search and found some interesting stuff. Like everything else, it needs tested, that's where the confidence will come from.

There are a variety of systems out there I believe have value and could make people some money, but you've got to learn from your mistakes and have the will power to see it through.

Options are becoming much more common with more and more being traded all the time. I use options in a variety of ways and need to expand both my knowledge and expertise.

Good luck with your trading.

Bruce
95 325ic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: