Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pontiac Solstice

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
board_nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Pontiac Solstice Reply with quote

Advance press looks interesting. GM claims entry at $20K. I know - it's a Pontiac. Thoughts on the car, or how it will do?

Warning - pop up ads accompany this link; apologies

Solstice

[ 01-30-2004: Message edited by: board_nerd ]

toolman7672

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Pontiac Solstice Reply with quote

I just don't think it will ever make it out as a $20k machine. In any event I hope it is a better car than my wife's Grand Am was.
toolman7672

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Pontiac Solstice Reply with quote

I just don't think it will ever make it out as a $20k machine. In any event I hope it is a better car than my wife's Grand Am was.
k9fxr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Pontiac Solstice Reply with quote

Saw it at the auto show, pretty nice looking, clean simple interior. Might considr as a second and get a used coupe as winter car
I love the e36 convert., just cold in the winter
rld777

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Pontiac Solstice Reply with quote

Silly as it may sound, I really like the clamshell front-hinged hood. I hope this makes production. Too bad BMW moved away from thier "trademark" front-hingers in favor of the (admittedly) easier to service and less-expensive rear-hinged "bonnets" of taday.
k9fxr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Pontiac Solstice Reply with quote

Due out fall 05, 4cyl, 5 spd, 140hp and torque
bluefury

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: Pontiac Solstice Reply with quote

It would be nice if started $20k, probably be like $29K though. I remember the concept for the Sunfire. It was a 2-door roadster and looked bad ass and then that was that. My wife bought a 96 Sunfire new and had it for 5 and half years before it started falling apart and we traded it. I had a 95 Grand AM and boy was that a POS! It was made to hold up for the 3 year warranty and then just crap all over itself. GM really needs to improve the quality on their bread and butter cars if they want to maintain the same customer base. I don't know how the newer bread and butter cars are but I'm very pleased with my Impala. Best quality built product from them yet IMHO. Kind of sucks if you're into performance though and you want to buy something from GM your choices are GTO $35k, SSR $40k, and Vette $46K+. I miss the f-body.
Roadstergal
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Pontiac Solstice Reply with quote

It's good-looking, but at ~2800lbs I'll stick with my ~2100lb Miata.
Greenhornet84

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Pontiac Solstice Reply with quote

Just saw this thing at the car show last week. Pretty cool. Gave me an almost whimsical feeling about the MG's the upperclassmen had when I was a freshman at West Chester in 1969. I was always going to get an MG (or a Triumph) sometime between school and kids. Some of you guys know about those things. I know those cars are still out there but expensive as hell, super expensive to rebuild and you don't end up with an everyday driving product like an old eta. They never had the power or handling. I'm not going to buy one but I might try one out for one of my non-BMW family members.
Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: