Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Check engine light?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
patdynasty3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Check engine light? Reply with quote

Ok check this out,
With HC around the corner and me being on call for work all next week,figured I would have the oil changed even though I had more mileage to go before it was needed. So I replace with synthetc recomended viscosity change filter and have oil meter reset leave and drive home.Next morning get in go to store have about 12 miles since oil change and bam check engine light comes on.Any suggestions would be great!especially with homecoming around corner
abcde

Location: st augustine, florida - '86 es - 260,000 miles & '98 z3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Check engine light? Reply with quote

just a suggestion. make sure the oil filler cap is tight and the dip stick is completely seated.
Incidently how do you like your z3?

[ 08-22-2005: Message edited by: abcde ]
patdynasty3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Check engine light? Reply with quote

will check stick I know cap is on tight,I like my z3 alot,a few mods here and there,its a really fun car
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: