Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brake warning light - Reset?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nostress

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Brake warning light - Reset? Reply with quote

I changed the brake pads on the front of my wife's 2000 Z3. How do I make or reset the warning light. I saw this on an old website several years ago but cannot find it in the search.

[ 08-09-2005: Message edited by: nostress ]

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
abcde

Location: st augustine, florida - '86 es - 260,000 miles & '98 z3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Brake warning light - Reset? Reply with quote

I don,t have an answer to your question, but just here to say hi.
I hardly ever see another soul on this forum.
The 3 series forum is very active and these guys seem to know a lot about a variety of styles and years.
Best of luck, and if you find an answer, I would appreciate knowing it also in case the issue ever comes up on my z3.
Take care.

[ 08-03-2005: Message edited by: abcde ]
christaki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: brake light warning Reply with quote

I've also changed the brake pads on the front of my 320 , but the light still stays on.I suggest I will have to ground between 19 and 1 st pin in the bord computer cap under the hood.The same as I did to reset the light for an oil change, ground between the pins for 5 to 6 sec. I think in this case I just have to do the same but between other pins.Somone have an Idea ?
http://www.allartclassic.com
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dale

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure your pad sensor, front and rear, are replaced with the new pads.
Once the pads wear down, the sensor is worn as well, or a wire can get worn, any of these will cause the brake pad warning light to come on.
sold in 2016
87 325 5spd eta
christaki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dale, I 'll try it and notify you of the outcome, hope it works.
What about changing only the front sensor, since I've changed only the front pads, the rear are fine ?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: