Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Want to buy a BMW, need some info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> BMWs for sale

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bfaubion

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2000 10:50 am    Post subject: Want to buy a BMW, need some info Reply with quote

hello to all, i'm interested in buying a mid 80's bmw, prehaps a 3 series. However i am concerned with the maintenance cost of an older luxury car. i recently sold my eagle talon that i had to get rid of because of parts and labor costs....ex all this was done within a year(labor and replacement
of timing belt=$300, alternator=$320, 4 tires=$400, 2 rear brake calibers=$520, master and slave clutch cylinder=$480....and theres more!) my questions are
1. what are maintenance costs of a BMW compared to this?
2. what kind of repairs should i expect to make with a year?
3. what should i look out for when buying a 3 series?
4.are there any models wich are less expensive or more reliable than others?
5. and....what is a resonable price for a 3 series?
i'm in college now so i need something that will last a couple of years and not empty my pocket book...an older BMW seems like a good choice :)
thanks, Ben Faubion
TomRing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2000 3:30 pm    Post subject: Want to buy a BMW, need some info Reply with quote

If you have to ask, and worry about cost , keep shopping. Expensive is all relative to what you like to drive and have, and what you have to spend!
89325iCky

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2000 4:51 pm    Post subject: Want to buy a BMW, need some info Reply with quote

Dont give up!
I just bought mine 6/12/00 and I was very lucky.Repaired/wrecked but not salvage titled
for 6k.130,000 miles, good top,runs and looks almost perfect.(It will be soon thanks to this bb)BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED!!
Good luck in your search,
Brian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> BMWs for sale All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: