Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

oil pressure comes on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 6/7/8 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blkbimmer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: oil pressure comes on Reply with quote

i have a 88 750il, when i start the engine inthe morning the oil pressure on the dash comes on, after 5 to 10 seconds it will go off, this also happens when i turn off the engine. do i need to replce the oil pressure sensor?
edjack

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: oil pressure comes on Reply with quote

You could, and see if the problem goes away. Otherwise, you will have to connect an oil pressure gauge to the engine to see what's happening.
blkbimmer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: oil pressure comes on Reply with quote

orry about the confusion, it is the oil lvel sensor that comes on when i start the engine and when i turn it off.
edjack

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: oil pressure comes on Reply with quote

Is the oil level topped up? If so, it may be just the way it works. However, I do not notice that behavior on my car.
regulation911

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: oil pressure comes on Reply with quote

My 1988 750 bimmer does exactly the same thing. Haven't begun troubleshooting it yet - did you figure this one out? I do not believe it is normal for this or any other model.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 6/7/8 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: