Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1983 733i

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 6/7/8 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rocco

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:42 am    Post subject: 1983 733i Reply with quote

The car was brought to me with a dead battery, a bad ignition switch, and a half open moon roof.

I started by removing the interior including the insulation. Which contained a conservative 5 gallons of water.

After drying out, I found the moon roof problem. A faulty switch.

I replaced the battery and ignition switch.The car will start and run just fine.Here is the problem. It won't shut off.I have to pull the fuel pump fuse to shut it down. Then I have to disconnect the battery. To terminate the ignition feed. When the battery is hooked up, the ignition is hot. Even after removing the ignition switch from the loop.

And so, this is where I am at the moment. Rocco

jamesdavid325

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: 1983 733i Reply with quote

Hi!

I bet its the ignition switch. BMW is notorious for those going bad...Drop the cowling under the steering colum which willl expose the wireing to the switch and check for 12 volts while the switch is off and then you'll know if its the switch or not.

James SWM
735I 1988 & 323 I 1983 Euro
rocco

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: 1983 733i Reply with quote

Very Happy Well, back in Feb. I posted a problem w/my 1983 733 i. I can now tell you that the car is repaired and the problem turned out to be a faulty fuse box. The fuse box on this car contains a circuit board. This is where the situation was. I took the car to an independant BMW shop in Newbury, OH. 44065. The gentlemans name is Matt. Total cost for trouble shooting,new fuse box and installation was 770.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 6/7/8 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: