Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wiper no low speed - help !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 6/7/8 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shlim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Wiper no low speed - help ! Reply with quote

Hi,

I've got a E32 730i with a wiper problem. Basically, I have no low speed - only intermittent and high speed. Setting the wiper at low speed gives me intermittent wipes.

So far I have replaced the wiper motor - since the circuitry (resistor) for low/high speed is supposed to be there but it still does not work.

I'm pretty sure that the wiper switch is fine so I am suspecting that it's the relay (not sure what controls this), that sets the wiper low speed to intermittent wipes when the car is stationary. Problem is - what controls this ? Is it a relay and where is it ?

Any ideas ?

shlim
'87 E32 730i
pierreandre

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Wiper no low speed - help ! Reply with quote

hi , have have read on bimmerboard , which is really cool that the wiper of all
our bmw 's will eventually fail .
now i have a geo and a 97 740 il with all those nice wiper functions .check the intermittent wiper module , that's the component that has time settings 5 sec.
10 sec etc . etc. now the switch is to turn on the basics open and closing of the circuit , like a light switch , motor is controlled by either , and check for loose wiring , can't tell you were it loacated , sorry , but also check bimmerboard.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 6/7/8 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: