Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help me jump my car!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 6/7/8 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smittey16

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 4:17 pm    Post subject: Help me jump my car! Reply with quote

I own a 1988 735i and am going through a nightmare with it right now. There has been some short in the electrical system that has drained the battery. I know of the way you unlock and open the passenger door manually in order to jump it. The problem is that when I unlock the door, the latch goes up, but when I pull on the handle nothing happens! It's just a loose handle. What other alternative ways are there for me to jump start this car and get back inside it without breaking a window? Thanks for any input.

edjack

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:02 pm    Post subject: Help me jump my car! Reply with quote

Somewhere in the back of my brain, I remember something about turning the key twice to the unlock position. This will apparently engage the door handle linkage.
pedro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 5:33 am    Post subject: Help me jump my car! Reply with quote

hi ,
when the battery is flat the central locking wont trip the locking , but they did think of that .hold the outside handle up and then turn the key , the lock should come up . it may be a little bit stiff to operate .
EdSidders

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Help me jump my car! Reply with quote

Neat little trick for DEAD BATTERY and LOCKED DOORS--Open trunk with key-remove TRUNK LIGHT fixture--remove light bulb-connect LOW AMPERAGE battery charger,(I use a 4 amp unit)-negative lead to ground on trunk latch---positive lead to contact used by trunk light bulb. I don't remember which contact I used. CAUTION!!!!!! a high charge rate may damage wiring and blow fuse in trunk light circut!USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 6/7/8 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: