Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

740 il Hood Roundel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 6/7/8 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
netigy4me

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 7:51 am    Post subject: 740 il Hood Roundel Reply with quote

Can anyone help me out here? I have the hood roundel assemble, and want to replace it. Can anyone give me a step-by-step on how to do this?

Thanks in advance

donaldan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 5:56 am    Post subject: 740 il Hood Roundel Reply with quote

I have never worked on the 7 series but I would imagine the roundel emblem on the hood works similarly on all recent BMW's and that is the emblem is clipped into the hood. You simply pop it out. The trick is to remove it without damaging the surounding paint. Somebody suggested using a dental floss to slip it under one side of the roundel and insert a piece of cloth under it to protect the paint. Then, use the dental floss on the opposite side to lift it up and insert a screwdriver or similar device to pop the whole thing out. If necessary, use multiple strings of floss to give you more leverage.
edjack

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 7:41 pm    Post subject: 740 il Hood Roundel Reply with quote

A sharpened tongue depressor works well, too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 6/7/8 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: