Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1991 750IL Rear Struts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 6/7/8 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharonshusband

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 9:44 am    Post subject: 1991 750IL Rear Struts Reply with quote

Does anyone know if I can remove the load leveling system altogether and replace with the standard strut assemblies from a car that was not equiped with with load leveling?
edjack

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 10:47 am    Post subject: 1991 750IL Rear Struts Reply with quote

I understand that it's possible to do, and has been done. I recal reading that, after having done it, the diagnostic check tells you there's something wrong with the leveling system.

Check with your favorite shock absorber supplier. The car probably needs new shocks by now, anyway.
Sharonshusband

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 8:41 am    Post subject: 1991 750IL Rear Struts Reply with quote

I have the Bilstien shocks (cartridge)but need the strut assembly. What i want to buy is a worn out assembly from a wrecked or parting out 7 series. kNOW OF A GOOD YARD OR A WRECKED ONE OUT THERE?
rduckwor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 2:52 pm    Post subject: 1991 750IL Rear Struts Reply with quote

You can try Vines www.vinesbmw.com but I don't know what parts might work on this car.

You might try calling some one like Bav Auto or BMP Design to ask if anyone makes non-SLS struts and components for this car. Another source might Carl Nelson at La Jolla in Ca. Take a look through the adverts in the back of the Roundel for leads and also try the tech advisors for BMW CCA.

Good Luck,

Bob Duckworth
Sharonshusband

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:25 am    Post subject: 1991 750IL Rear Struts Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, The URL is easy but how do I contact the other sources you mentioned? I am unfamiliar with them.
rduckwor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 3:57 am    Post subject: 1991 750IL Rear Struts Reply with quote

Carl Nelwon - http://www.justbmws.com/

BMP - www.bmpd.com

Bav Auto - www. bavauto.com
Sharonshusband

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 11:58 am    Post subject: 1991 750IL Rear Struts Reply with quote

thanks I found the struts used at the Vines site you gave me. they were $100 each.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 6/7/8 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: