Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need help how to get to my 1989 635csi SI board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 6/7/8 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LUAN66

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 2:34 pm    Post subject: need help how to get to my 1989 635csi SI board Reply with quote

hello everyone the SI board on my car is totally short out and it draining the batery,another word the light always lit until the batery is gone , can any one help me with some tips how to get to the board out ,and hopefully get it repair ,thank you. LUAN from SAN JOSE CA
rduckwor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 2:48 pm    Post subject: need help how to get to my 1989 635csi SI board Reply with quote

Well, its a bit complicated as you have an air bag wheel. First thing is to get the air bag off safely. You don't want to do this. Take it to the dealer and get them to pull the air bag. Then you have to remove th instrument cluster by removing a bunch of other stuff such as the drivers under dash panel, the steering wheel and the check control panel to get the cluster out. Its held in by screws and has a number of electrical connectors attached to it.

Once you have wormed it out, the board is inside. Check the FAQ's for complete procedure. It is not a job of the faint of heart - moderately difficult and very fiddley. If you decide to do this, use precautions against static discharge. The board in the cluster are very static sensitive.

HTH

Bob Duckworth
LUAN66

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 4:15 pm    Post subject: need help how to get to my 1989 635csi SI board Reply with quote

BOB thank you for the info ,i will try as soon as i have a change . again thank you very-much . LUAN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 6/7/8 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: