Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1986 735i radio help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 6/7/8 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiffany

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 5:03 pm    Post subject: 1986 735i radio help Reply with quote

I really really need help with these stupid radio codes. I cannot afford to take it to a dealer and I do not have a owner's manual. I think i may have an incorrect radio code but i cannot even figure out how to reset my radio first. Everyone tells me different info about it and i am going insane. I have the radio serial # but no one will help me. Does anyone know anything that could help me?
PJK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:31 pm    Post subject: 1986 735i radio help Reply with quote

Hi Tiffany,

If you know the serial number of the radio, The BMW dealer will most likley give you the code free. You will have to take the car to the dealer with proof of ownership.

With the radio on enter the code on the numbered pushbuttons. If the correct code is entered the code display will go away and the radio should operate. If an incorrect code is entered 3 times the radio will be locked and will not even except the correct code. If that happens you must leave the radio on for one hour, then enter the correct code.

Phil

quote:
Originally posted by Tiffany:
I really really need help with these stupid radio codes. I cannot afford to take it to a dealer and I do not have a owner's manual. I think i may have an incorrect radio code but i cannot even figure out how to reset my radio first. Everyone tells me different info about it and i am going insane. I have the radio serial # but no one will help me. Does anyone know anything that could help me?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 6/7/8 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: