Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2001 318ISE has developed click/knock help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leon303

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 5:39 am    Post subject: 2001 318ISE has developed click/knock help? Reply with quote

I have a 2001 euro import 318ise, I have a knocking sound that comes from under the handbreak that speeds up the faster I go, If the engine is turned off I can still here it.
It first started when the car was rolling backwards but has since developed to doing it all of the time??
Any Ideas? It doesn't seem to be getting louder but is frustrating for such a new car??

I took it to my local dealer whom said they cannot find the fault? I'm not impressed!!

Also with the car being imported to the UK from Germany does anyone know the exact legalities of my warranty?
I bought an extended 3yr with warrantydirect (Just to cover myself) but I'm sure BMW should also be responcible for this problem due to the age of the car?
The pan european warrenty ran out in February but am I still covered in Germany???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: